Making things?

Le sigh.

It feels like I haven't sat down with a pair of pliers in so long. No painting, no wire twisting, no making of anything.

Here are a few of the last things I put together:


Necklaces (long overdue!)


Bracelet love.

They all need names and proper Etsy listings but I haven't felt like wrist modeling and such, so...no Etsy shine for them.

Odd as it sounds, I'd sort of rather just make things without bothering about Etsy these days, just because I don't want to find myself waiting for sales and feeling antsy when they don't come. The process of making things was supposed to relieve anxiety, not create it. But, you know. I can't help but hope that other people will find what I've made and like it enough to want to wear it. It necessarily becomes a participatory thing when you put something up for sale or consumption.

Le sigh. I'll put them up soon.

Comments

  1. You're right, there is a lot less anxiety about consuming without the Etsy worry. I have been making a bunch of jewelry that hasn't hit Etsy because I just want to make. When I feel like the "collection" is complete and I want it out in the world I will take the photos and sell them but until then... its nice to just make something lovely with no strings attached!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what I need to do, just make things to my little heart's content. it really is such a good feeling, just to make something for its own sake.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts